Sutton Women’s Centre facilitates the Freedom Programme for the Sutton borough.
The programme is a 12 week course for women to learn more about the reality of domestic violence and abuse, the characteristics and early warning signs of abusers and abusive relationships, and the impact domestic violence has on children and their development.
The aims are to:
- To help women gain self-esteem and the confidence to improve the quality of their lives.
- To help women to understand the beliefs held by an abuser and in so doing, recognise which of these beliefs they have shared.
- To illustrate the effects of domestic violence on children.
- To assist women to recognise potential future abusers, Mr Right or Mr Wrong.
- To introduce women to community resources and enable women to take their own steps to a positive future.
The Freedom Programme is currently running in the Thomas Wall Centre and Amy Johnson Childrens Centre. Please contact the office for further information and availability.
The Freedom Programme is funded by the London Borough of Sutton.
Click here for more information on the Freedom Programme.